Monday, March 23, 2009

Meet the Women on Fire book authors...

Hi, I'm Debbie Phillips, the founder of Women on Fire~

I've always been inspired by the energy of brilliant, dynamic, caring women coming together to create something more vibrant than what they could on their own.

(I live near the ocean on Martha's Vineyard and call this my "rising tide lifts all boats" theory!)

And, it's one of the many reasons I started the Women on Fire organization in 2003.

For how strong and powerful and helpful we can be together and for each other.

It all started when I introduced many of the fabulous women I coached to each other. We met at tea parties (we still do!) and then they invited their wonderful women friends and then they included theirs and so on and so on until who knows where all these terrific women came from?!

As a coach, I also saw women struggling -- in isolation -- with challenges many of us face at one point or another moving through life. It seemed a shame to me that any woman should ever have to 'go it alone' when there is so much richness in sharing our inspiration, strategies and support with each other.

That's when the idea of a Women on Fire book emerged: real women telling their real-life stories and struggles and how they made it through their obstacles and challenges.

I selected a group of women, many of whom I knew well or personally coached, who had struggled mightily and crossed barriers and boundaries to find relief, discover success and achieve a level of peace of mind.

It is my pleasure to introduce these women to you -- the chapter authors of Women on Fire: 20 Inspiring Women Share Their Life Secrets (and Save You Years of Struggle!)

I look forward to your comments and maybe even getting to meet you in person along the way!

No comments: